- What is the story behind the brand, how and why did you decide to start this company? We started Pawniolo Pets because we were already eating this way. Nick was managing his family cattle operations and we enjoyed homesteading and raising our own food to feed our family. In doing that we decided we needed to give our pets a better diet too and started making our dog Freya raw food. We researched a ton and started really small. We had a few friends and family memberʻs friends ask us to purchase but we werent selling at the time. We thought about it and came up with a name and there it is.
- What is the ultimate goal? for example, stay local, get into every walmart in the nation etc.. Our ultimate goal is to try and provide nourishing food for pets while also supporting other small, local ranchers like ourselves in Hawaii. We know for sure that all of our main ingredients will always be 100% local and traceable, direct from trusted ranchers and farmers. We would love to scale to other pet shops out of Hawaii and in the continental US. Stores that align with our values and our mission. We also want to also eventually be able to ship our frozen foods direct to our customers. I donʻt think Walmart would be the customer base we are trying to reach.
- Who would you consider your main demographic is? ummmmm, woke pet owners who give a shit. LOL Nah, pet parents who understand the benefits of feeding raw and bilogically appropriate foods and hawaii pet owners who value supporting local.
- If you were to describe your brand as a person who and how would they be? ie… funny, sad, goofy etc Ohh, good question!! Very passionate, pono, and maybe a little goofy and funny and playful. Kinda boujie but still country and rustic. LOL Good luck with that! LOL
- Who is your main direct competition in your industry? Locally in Hawaii I would say 808 Raw but I try not to mind his business. LOL We are different. Theres also Lava Paws who is more small scale like us and she is doing a great job being a source for our community. In the US theres a few that I wouldnt call competition as much as inspiration. Primal Pet Food, Farmerʻs Dog, Darwinʻs, BJʻs Pet Food
- Who is the biggest in this industry? Fresh Pet (Owned by Purina I think)
- What are your favorite colors? Green is my personal favorite color. For our brand I like greens and browns like kinda ranchy, rustic
- Who has a great logo that you love in this industry Not in our industry but Nick likes Newmanʻs Own. We had a big argument, i mean… conversation about changing our logo. He used Newmanʻs own as an example. There is a ranch in california who I love their branding and logo(s). Their ranch is called 5 Maryʻs Farm and I think its super cute. As far as other pet brands maybe Farm Hounds. Their stuff is super similar to ours but i love their branding. Im not like super impressed by their logo but its cute.
- Tell me the story about your pet Whachu mean? Like any story?
Questions for initial interview
these are a few questions to think about for our conversation next week. We will discuss these so its just more of a way to get the ideas going..
- What is the story behind the brand, how and why did you decide to start this company?
- What is the ultimate goal? for example, stay local, get into every walmart in the nation etc..
- Who would you consider your main demographic is?
- If you were to describe your brand as a person who and how would they be? ie… funny, sad, goofy etc
- Who is your main direct competition in your industry?
- Who is the biggest in this industry?
- What are your favorite colors?
- Who has a great logo that you love in this industry
- Tell me the story about your pet
- Can you send me pics of her!
Welcome to your project page! We will use this web page to track the progress of your new branding project! We are excited to start this journey with you!